Sole Guard - Vettec Horse Hoof Adhesive
Vettec Sole-Guard provides complete protection for the unshod foot in minutes.
Apply as a thin glaze onto the sole from the heels moving around the frog then press Vettec Contouring Plastic onto the foot and work the pad material towards the edges of the hoof. Stop before the white line area. When set carefully remove the contouring plastic, pressing the pad material back into the hoof to eliminate any lifting with the plastic. Sole Guard remains tacky so dust with baby powder or wood shavings before replacing the hoof on the ground. (This is particularly necessary if using rubber matting.) The hooves should not be picked out after the product is applied, and you will not need to remove it. As new, thicker sole growth is stimulated the old sole will slough off, taking the Sole Guard with it.
BLACK- REF 46160
* Temporary protection for horses transitioning from shoes to barefoot.
* Fast and convenient - 30 second set time.
* Provides durable support while retaining flexibility indefinitely.
* Excellent for use during trail riding to provide protection, comfort and support.
* Great for providing support for heavy, late term brood mares.
* Bonds to the foot for 10 days.
Note: a 210cc tube of Sole-Guard typically covers 2-3 hooves.
For this tube, you will need a Dispensing gun and Mixer tips
SOLE GUARD Instructions for use
Please select your choice from the options below:
*PLEASE NOTE - all prices are Excl. VAT